Wednesday, June 05, 2013

curl- straight - pompom

Hi Guys
i've been reading alot of articles online lately and most of them are amazingly good read. There were stories of ordinary you and me in their everyday life and the things they did to make it somewhat different. 

Here's one i would to share, about an above average intelligent Singaporean who hits his ambition of becoming a lawyer, a job not many of us can get, only to quit it completely after experiencing in what he describe as "different from the movie" kind of job scope... if you have the time do spare some time to read this --> http://www.edvantage.com.sg/edvantage/features/people/1819854/It_took_four_years_to_learn_I_m_no_lawyer.html

So if you have been following me on instagram you might probably have already seen pictures of my new hair. I have also given it a name "Pom pom" as a true significance of the effect it has brought upon my head... As a guideline, do recall my mission to look somewhat like Ugly Betty... i do think i am achieving it pretty well... 

see! ive brought my vision to life..... amidst being called a "crazy" number by my friends who knew me too well..

The Tigress in me have only just been releaesd... the hair is... very unkempt.... and i appear to be ... untidy most time.... What's even worst was how i had to drag my feet out for a long run last night... only to have my hairband stuck somewhere inside my HUGE tress... 
ahhahaha.... needless to say i went ahead with the run and the "missing" hair band... 

well... it finally decided to reveal itself after the run but got stuck in bundle of entangle hair that got me so frustrated (especially after a 10km run.. u tell me) that i frantically try pulling it out..... 

no luck.... it FINALLY came out after i pour some conditioner on the damp hair & lubricate them.....    #seriouslyDamagedHair

ah-hah! Bet at this point you must have thought how i hated my hair... on the contraversial..... i love it!!!
and i love trying to keep my hair within the frame of selca i was trying to capture.... #BigTimeFail



and to emphasize on the huge contrast of my new hairstyle.. let's recall my last visit to the salon

sorry for the mis-rotate,.... hadnt found one with the right rotation.... 

i've seen so much potential to pom pom and am arleady imagining photoshoot that shouts flower, white, flower wreath headband, sunshine... here's are some inspiration i've googled
\

(credits MirageFloweres)

My hair is till in messy shades of grown-out brown & those original black...i am hoping to finalize the hair color at my basic jet black but fear the dye will damage the already dying hair.... afterall, i took so much pain to revive them from the last perm
pictures from the last perm,sorry i just had to .. haha

this was the point where my hair was pretty much dead, and breaking up on every finger-comb-through & split ends... i had to resort to chopping them off after the whole entourage was over.. but man... i love them so much... 


The change was adamant, i cannot stick to the same old curls so i had to get pompom done... No pun intended people, an aquaruis stays a aquarius... they embrace the decision they made.... and i love pom pom wholeheartedly now... just wait you'll see... Pom pom is super useful for my identity...


anyway.... pom pom gives me good mood enuff to dress up for work in the day... 
and by night i had so much fun playing dress up... in particular to Ugly Betty's inspiration

LilSis gave me this idea... she find i look like the character off Brave.... haha.. i kinda of like that... 

and LilSis has more creativity juice because that fatty actually also associated me as her NEW POODLE (toy poodle lah.. she was kind)
that's my hair she's holding... it earn her 6 likes on facebook.. and a bit more in instagram.... why she so mean!!!!!!!!!!!   -.-



If you are still not embracing pom pom yet.. let me just bring you back to the crazy 2 hours i sat at the salon, "hearing" the TV playing some HK sitcom inthe background and resisting the temptation to look up into the screen


hmmm. the image rotation on Picasa Web is a little kuku today..ugly compressed photos...


so please consider & give pom pom a chance.. and not too soon you might consider getting YOUR perm done... 

on a side note.... do mark my words by heading to old-school-salon (like the one picture above) if you are looking for a permanent perm, so far none of the perm i've done at the expensive highend saloon i went to last (i am not bias, i have been to quite a handful of salon for perms that cost me AT LEAST $180).... they last me for 4 months and that's it... 

Old School salon perm are WAY CHEAPER... (cannot reveal here cos i need to avoid ppl trying to tell me you cannot buy free lunch on this earth)... yes yes the damage done to my hair is definitely greater than the high-end salon... but the point is they last!!!!

my last perm done for the UK trip in 2010 (i have done a lot more perm in between but they didnt last long enuff to make an impression)  last me till 2012... the curls are to-die-for even though it practically kill my hair (because i dyed the curls the next day, and had highlights streaks on it the next next day)That curl only cost me $100...... you tell me worth it or not?????


~Sweet.Silly.Stinky.Sleepyhead~

No comments: